Tuesday, October 04, 2005

the plot thickens

I found out yesterday that I may need to find work soon.

This should be distressing, but it isn't.

I mean, let's face it-- I have TOO MUCH FREE TIME on my hands...

The past two years here have been mellow, relaxed, therapeutic... and, in the case of my incident with the stalker, educational.

They let me do my thing, I kept out of trouble for the most part. I had forgotten that work can be a place that you actually enjoy coming to every day. Seven years of working for a faceless corporation did that to me.

The genesis of my blogging coincided with the layoff in 2003. I worked out a lot of issues in the past two or three years.

I have grown... I think...

The job market now is better than it was in 2003. I have more skills, more experience, more stability. I have other avenues to investigate, such as graphic design, web design and artwork.

If I had the time, maybe I'd go back to school. But that won't be necessary right now.

Maybe later on...

Anyway, I will probably start blogging more, because for me it always functioned as a great way to shake off all the tension built up from job-hunting.

Of course, there is always the possibility that I will NOT be laid off, that I will be asked to continue... but I am not counting on that, nor would I be excited at the prospect of working here some more. I know that I can find better, in other words, and this is the time and the opportunity to look for something else.

Wish me luck, all. And don't feel bad for me-- I'm not out of work yet.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Good luck with the job hunt, I'm sure you will land something good.