Friday, October 13, 2006

debauchery

Played a show last night at the Lava Lounge. Off the hook, completely bonkers, total pandemonium.

It was great.

Got a job prospect that starts next week. If I can hack the training, I may be scanning movie negatives into a computer for a living by Halloween.

I knew I'd find something quick.

This weekend, I leave to Las Vegas. The band is playing a second show at a place called Cooler Lounge. It will be my first out-of-state gig ever. Then, the bachelor party festivities begin: my good friend Down Low is getting married in November, and I am the Best Man. We're going to get him a stripper, some lapdances, and lots of money to gamble with as we tear Vegas apart.

Should be fun.

I'll tell you what: Getting laid off from the architecture firm has been nothing but a boon to my existence. I am feeling very satisfied with the chaotic shambles that is my life at this moment. It's as if I am more comfortable with the idea of disorder and entropy than I am with the notion of stability and familiarity.

Or maybe I'm just making up for lost time.

Either way, this weekend is going to be memorable, to say the least.

TAKE CARE, Y'ALL!

1 comment:

Blue 59 said...

Debauche is a fine word.