Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I

Remember how I posted a few weeks back about embracing luck?

Well, I take it all back. I've gone back to believing that: 1) everything happens for a reason, 2) there is no such thing as luck, and 3) timing is everything.

Someone summed it up to me in those exact words, and it awakened that dormant part of me that has always believed that but keep burying it anyway.

I have been re-directing all of my blogging energy into the novel. It is a slow process, one day at a time. But it's coming along.

I have things to say, I just don't want to say them right now. I want to wait and see what happens.

I have whittled my vices down to primarily cigarettes. I indulge occasionally in drugs but not at the level or pace I engaged in them in the past.

I I I I I... It's always about me, isn't it? It's always about what I want.

What about what other people want?

What about it?

I guess I'm learning that game. I'm curious to see what's next to learn, and it just gets more interesting by the day.

I think I'll pick up the guitar and play some Buddy Holly songs. His music seems to encapsulate the mood I'm in right now. Not "That'll Be The Day" or "Oh Boy!" but rather more contemplative songs like "Everyday" and "Words Of Love", and maybe even a moodier piece of rock like "Peggy Sue".

Speaking of which... man, that change from A to F on "Peggy Sue" gets me every time.


Peggy Sue, Peggy Sue
Pretty pretty pretty pretty Peggy Sue
Oh Peggy-- my Peggy Sue-ooh-ohh
Well I love you girl and I want you Peggy Sue



OK, gotta go. Smell ya later.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

This is so vague and mysterious! What the hell is going on?? :)