Tuesday, September 06, 2005

serendipity

I started the XYZ story out of bordeom and whether or not I will actually finish it largely depends on my linearity, but suffice it to say it is based upon true memories and therefore will not go anywhere or become anything outside of me, so I have time...

I have been busy investigating serendipities aloud to the bemused chagrin of my peers and friends, disordering my mind in preparation for the New Routine and Subtle Changes I am undergoing currently.

I am bored with commercial music. I play it for hire but unlike a whore I still derive pleasure from the act. However, I am itching to give birth to something wholly new and unattainable, the kind of monument that notetakers crib for posterity, unable to process it until their thievery skills are up to par...

A new painting was begun over the weekend. I was in an in-between moment and shed my clothes to keep the paint from tainting them, and I brushed in my boxer briefs until I was seeing visions, withdrawing and extracting images from my brain using Dali's "paranoiac-critical method", and before me the countenace of a grimacing clown surfaced from the canvas and gave way to the rush of comic-book apparitions and iconic heroes in blurry outline sketches...

With the cruel wind whipping mercilessly across the desert plains, I tuned in to frequencies atop a mansion in the hills, the smell of barbecue smoke wafting over the city and its haze, songs reverberating in the crawlspace between my ears, the abstract rehearsal space where ghosts convene to compose the songs that serenade my heart.

I am breaking down my rational barriers. They have handicapped me for far too long. The only mistake I have been making is not one of going too far, but not going far enough. Embracing shallow depths and surface pretensions to unmask their lures, it has been a rejuvenating adventure into avant-garde horse radish.

More to come, for sure..

No comments: