Tuesday, January 11, 2005

THE ANIMATION

Okay, it's about time I started explaining this thing.

Although we still have some retouches and edits to make here and there, this animation has been done for quite some time. We're just protracting the post-production until we have something that we can "pitch" to narrow-minded/ADD-addled execs.

Ever notice how some computer guys always want to tell you how to do something without actually showing you how to do it? That's what I came up against while planning the website: I think everyone was holding out for money, as if I had anything other than the few bucks I've got leftover after my bills are paid. Either way, I heard a lot of talking and saw no action whatsoever... that is, until I started taking matters into my own hands.

I finally caught a break when Aaron, Down Low's brother, hooked me up with some key server space. Now I no longer have to listen to smart website designers telling me what they think I need to know. All I wanted was to get a fucking site up, not reinvent the Internet. Nothing fancy, just a few pages and maybe a bell or whistle here and there.

Of course, now that I've put my words into action, all of a sudden these very same cats who wouldn't lift a finger to help me suddenly want access to the FTP client, so they can make my work "look better"... There's nothing like some friendly competition from a guy who knows LITTLE TO NOTHING about website design to get the pros off of their duffs, eh?

It's like a 21st century version of "The Little Red Hen". Or in my case, "Fisher Price: My First HTML"...

In other words, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE IMPROVED. Most likely, the rest of the ADB crew and I have already thought of it, but just in case we missed something, please feel free to send me an e-mail and let me know what I can do to make the site more efficient.

I already know right off the bat what's wrong with the site:

--Some of the windows open up with the image not centered properly
--The trailer only plays in Quicktime
--There's a large amount of pixelization when mounting the images for the Gallery
--Need more Extras, but so far I have been leaving that for near-last
--Contact and Chat Room links are not activated
--I already dislike the graphic for the Home page--will replace soon

And that's just the tip of the iceberg. But nothing gets done by sitting on it (unless it's an egg) and I was sick of keeping this thing under wraps. We waited until we received official word from the Copyright Office, and now that we have our confirmation we are ready and set to go.

So, without further ado, here it is: THE LINK TO THE WEBSITE!!

Send any and all feedback, ideas, and comments to sexmcginty@hotmail.com

A brief synopsis: Three space aliens crash land their UFO in the fictional California desert town of Farmdale. They happen to land in the yard of one Richard Kittridge, aka "Big Block Rick", a former Vietnam vet and Army aircraft mechanic who wears an eyepatch and harbors a mean grudge against mainstream society. Undaunted by the arrival of the extraterrestrials, Rick takes it upon himself to teach these three beings about life on planet Earth.

It's a pretty simple plot contrivance, which allows us to explore several themes regularly. Each episode can have Rick scheming to keep the aliens a secret; each episode will contain at least one socio-political rant from Rick as he "educates" his otherworldly wards; and each episode will explain why a guy like Rick is non-plussed by the arrival of aliens in his front yard...

Of course, there's a whole town of crazy characters, such as the drug-obsessed Bill, or Jenny the voluptuous bombshell bartender, or even Joe Procuccio the local mob boss. As time goes on, we will flesh those characters out as well.

I really hope you all can download Quicktime (if you don't already have it) and peep the trailer-- Paulie's brother (known in these blog pages as "Peter") did a bang-up job of editing down the original 30-minute episode to a lean and slender nine minutes, and he whittled the trailer down to one or two minutes tops. This kid is very talented, and he makes me look good by virtue of what he has done with my drawings, which are crude at best.

Eventually, we will have DVDs and other bits available for those who dig it, but for now check out the site and tell me what you think.

ALSO: Check out two new additions to the My Space.com music stable... DUNCE and THE SYLLABEAST... Both are collaborations with my homie Bro Man.

PEACE

2 comments:

sahalie said...

bravo! hilarious!
i want a t-shirt!

meece said...

for some reason the links aren't working for me... can't even click. will try again later