Friday, June 17, 2005

expression

Please read my letter to the editor of City Beat, a free magazine not unlike the LA WEEKLY or New Times. My letter is under the tagline "PC WORLD"...

My letter was a response to someone who wrote a letter to the editor, complaining of the tyranny of "political correctness" in this day and age.

To sum up my position on PC: I'm all for it. Yes, I tend to not write in a PC manner, but that's because I have no fear of uneducated dimwits not getting my sarcastic messages.

I don't think "political correctness" stifles free expression. Everyone makes a choice when they express themselves, and one of those choices is whether you are willing to defend what you have expressed to the death or not.

No matter what I say or write, I can defend it. I think very long and hard about what I express to others. If I decide to use a buzz word, then that's my choice. I know the power of certain words, and the weight their meanings carry.

If I use off-color words or phrases, I don't feel the need to apologize for them.

And on that note, have a nice weekend... you bitches!

No comments: