Thursday, August 04, 2005

no fair

the heartbreak in the air that I spoke of recently is starting to dissipate and crumble into imperceptible dust motes, relating to nothing and swirling aimlessly in summer dusk sunset...

I weep not for the sad maidens with their heads encased in baskets, for they do not lack the ability to lift their arms and remove the wicker masks... they adore being blind, they look forward to the inconsolable night...

deflecting vibrations from every which way, I can see the straight path, the unevenly paved road, the primrose arc winding slow and leisurely, unfurling beneath my feet...

I am seen as shallow by those who are afraid to dip their toes into the river stream of eternity, for fear that they will emerge transformed and unable to reverse the ether flow of entropy, time passing and carrying us away like survivors of a shipwreck wading in tiny life rafts during a storm, these people are not inclined to let their hearts run so deep...

Spectacular and surreptitious these evenings seem, gleaming in the pearl of black atmospheric sky with glistening surfaces, and on the street monastries appear from nowhere, their mirrored windows giving off no glare, my mind crying out in protest, screaming "No fair!"

But it is fair. It's fairer than I care to admit.

I possess plans and agendas, goals and motivations, colored with crimson blood and stranded blue, ribbons unwrapped and rivers untapped for their electricity, waves of sound massaging me from the shoulders down...

(have a nice weekend)

No comments: