Tuesday, November 01, 2005

during the show I was wearing two inch tall platform heels because my costume was Rick James however the boots were a size too small and I was losing circulation in my feet during last song 'thriller' I took them off and played in socks and then something happened I became frenzied and starting whipping my fright wig to and fro and I began to beat on the strings of the bass furiously with my open palm crashing to my knees on stage Mike the singer draped me with a cape a la James Brown and I zoned out and couldn't even hear the music only the vibration of the kick drum behind me and my cheesy vinyl pants felt nonexistant as I bansheed and bandied about on the floor oblivious to everyone and everything around me...

It was a great show.


*/*


Eve was dressed as a pirate wench, Laurie was Morticia Addams, and Daniel was Claude Rains' Invisible Man-- but when he took the ACE bandage off he looked more like John Steed from The Avengers.

After the show Eve bought me a shot of whiskey and commented on how I got so into character as Rick James, how I seemed 'normal' with the wig off.

We talked, pawed each other drunkenly, and then I gave her a delicate kiss on the mouth when I walked them all to the car at 1AM.

No tongue, just a peck. She smiled.


*/*

I went home and fell right to sleep. In the morning I woke up and still felt tipsy. I took a shower and thought about that kiss, how nice it felt, even if it was a closed-mouth kiss...

She tasted so good.

I drove to work, but not before paying off my utility bills.

3 comments:

Bridget said...

you are so into this chick!

so how come I never hear about your shows anymore?

J Drawz said...

I've invited you to many shows but you haven't been to one since that one at The Barrel... with my old band.

Bridget said...

That makes sense. Its hard for me to make the shows sometimes, I am kind of busy these days. Maybe in the break (January) I can go to one.