Thursday, November 17, 2005

one woman

One woman cries because she is happy

One woman smiles because she is sad

One woman's father is dying of cancer

(This might be the last time she sees her dad)

One woman's man left for South America

One woman's man found the girl next door

One woman's convinced her man is an angel

One woman's man thinks she's a whore

One woman's ex said "You are forgiven"

One woman's ex said "I'll never forgive"

One woman told me she wanted to die

Another one whispered she wanted to live

One woman wallows in wells of self-pity

Another woman never looks back on the past

One woman trapped in a cell of her making

Another woman wonders how long it will last

One woman kisses me just before leaving

One woman slaps me as she enters the room

One woman walked up to me and laughed while

another woman swept me up like a broom

All women suffer and all women sigh

All women wonder but some wonder why

All women exist to awe and inspire

All women add their fuel to my fire

All women quench my burning desire

All women elevate my mind higher

All these women I truly admire

and I will love them all 'til the day I expire

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I like this poem. Am I one of these. I hope I am not the one wallowing in self pity...I don't feel like I am, but I am often surprised at how other people view me, lol!

J Drawz said...

I feel like all of my female friends and acquaintances are all going through some real intense shit right now... or maybe I'm just perceiving it that way.

Zen: You are not the wallower, although after a while I began to realize that every woman I know shares more than one of the listed traits.

VB: I always suspected that Clay Sails was a CIA spook. If it's true, maybe we can send him on a mission to Peru to, um, take care of some things...

sahalie said...

hey
i'm wallowing in lack of inspiration

enjoyed the poem