Wednesday, January 11, 2006

taking it easy

My stepfather had a stroke.

I was thinking about paying my family a visit before it happened. The New Year came and the first thought in my mind was "I haven't seen my family since Christmas..."

So I skipped work and went out to the desert to see him. He's doing OK but his peripheral vision is messed up.

The doctors told him to take it easy.

I think I'm going to take it easy too. Something in the wings, something beneath the radar, something in the air is advising me to stop blogging for a while.

I have plenty of things to write about. In fact, I even started a brand new blog on Friendster, of all places.

But this also means that I'm going to dismantle some of the ones I started a while back that I haven't maintained at all.

I'm in the middle of doing some serious living, and I can't write fast enough to contain it all.

So I will stay away for a while... which means, of course, that I'm going to be back to posting on the regular in no time.

PEACE

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear about your stepfather. Taking it easy sounds like a good thing to do. And a lot of living sounds good to. Have fun on your hiatus :)

Bridget said...

Hi James,

I'm sorry about this happenning in your family. Don't stay away too long, I love your blog!

B

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear this unhappy news. I hope your time away is good for you. All the best to your family.