Thursday, December 29, 2005

doldrums

I was planning on having something to follow up with concerning my dinner with Amy Coates.

However, we didn't meet up on Tuesday. We're supposed to do something tomorrow night, but we'll see how that goes...

And, of course, that means that the earliest I would blog about it would be on Monday.

Maybe there won't be anything to blog about-- I don't know how I feel about that...

In the meantime, read this side-splittingly funny post from the one and only Violet Butcher, whom I wish would come out to California to visit so I can be transformed into the subject of a heartbreaking post on her blog.

And while I'm at it, a shout out to another blog muse, Sahalie, for that bitchin' Middle Eastern belly-dancing CD you sent me for Xmas. I love it I love it I love it I love it I LOVE IT!

Fishfry, can you be too far behind?


*/*


What did I get for Xmas, you might be wondering...

-- A 23" TV set
-- A carrying case for my bass guitar decked out in imitation snakeskin
-- Cream-colored bowling shoes from Perry Ellis
-- A suede dress shirt to match my cream-colored shoes
-- A deluge of colognes (I think someone in my family is trying to tell me that I stink, or at least that I reek of cigarettes)
-- A magenta flannel (magenta is my favorite color for flannels, don't ask me why)
-- A yoga mat and a bong (courtesy of Eve)
-- A Jack-In-The-Box Cash Card
-- Double-knit PJs
-- A blender and some dinnerware (plates, silver, etc)
-- A Todd McFarlane/Clive Barker action figure, from the "Tortured Souls" series
-- A book entitled The Minotaur Takes A Cigarette Break by Steven Sherrill.

Not a bad take for the holidays. I almost felt like a kid again, opening these unusual-and-yet-tastefully-apt gifts.

I think I did pretty good regarding my gift purchases as well: jewelry for the females in my family, cltohes for the males, a portable toolbox for my dad (and also a theological book, because his birthday is two days after Xmas), and a digital camera for Eve.

The give-and-take balance was reciprocal.


*/*


Tonight Eve and I will be having dinner with our married friends Laurie and Daniel (formerly known as "Ethan" in these blog pages, as I discovered recently upon re-reading past posts). Last time we all got together, I got so drunk that I literally fell down all over the place. I've been sober all of this week as a result.

Good for me.

If I don't post anything before 2006 comes around...

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

No comments: