Monday, February 06, 2006

super bowl sunday

I almost backed out of it, but I'm glad I went to her parents' house for Super Bowl Sunday.

Her dad said one word to me ("Hi") and shook my hand. Then he watched the entire game from a chair in the dining room. He didn't talk to me again until it was time to go: he shook my hand again and said "Nice to see you" and this time he made eye contact.

Her stepmom made a slight fool of herself because she was tipsy. She seemed like she was trying to make amends for years of keeping us apart.

The game was fixed, the food was good, and her younger siblings engaged me in conversation so that I wouldn't feel so awkward.

Afterwards, we went to our friend's house in Chatsworth to "decompress" with some homemade margaritas.

She was glad that I came with her.

No comments: