Tuesday, February 14, 2006

v-day

Last year around this time I blogged a Valentine's Day post that was unusual, in that it was about another couple's romance: my grandparents.

This year, my V-Day post is about the romance in my own life.

Weird.

I know I run the risk of jinxing this thing I've got going with Eve, because that's the way it always is with me: I write about love and then I watch it as it disappears, or at the very least I see it spiraling down the drain.

Therefore, I'm not going to talk about how much she means to me or any of that sap that rises to the surface around this time of year.

No, instead I will give thanks-- to God, Allah, Jehovah, Lucifer, Buddah, whoever and whatever --and come to terms with this lucky feeling I have, this gratitude towards the universe, for allowing me to experience something like this, after so many years of not experiencing this...

Okay, I'm already sounding like a dork. Suffice it to say, the notion that she and I are sharing this day together is not lost on me.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are not a dork- just in love.

That Girl

Bridget said...

Go get em tiger. You deserve it.