Tuesday, February 01, 2005

BITE-SIZED CHEWABLES

Everything went apeshit over here at the radio network today. I heard the signal go down, and checked all the necessary connections. They were all right. I called my supervisor in. Pretty soon, people were running back and forth in through different studios, looking for a Best Of show to run while things got taken care of.

Now, they've moved the on-air staff into the studio next to me, and also in my office... just as I was about to start some serious work on the ADB website.

It figures.

(I should just change the name of this blog to "It Figures"...)

So now I actually have to work. What a bummer...


*/*


Upon reading my last post, I recalled something that I forgot to mention during my Hip Hop Blog week:

One night, coming in on Monday morning around 2:45am, I walked in to the studio to relieve this dude named Eddie from his post. Monday morning was the only time I had to relieve someone of their shift. The rest of the week, I had to be there on time, or else. No one would be there for me to call ahead and announce my lateness.

Of course, not having a car made things difficult.

I don't know if I already posted this or not, but I came in Monday morning and saw none other than Bushwick Bill from The Geto Boys sitting in the engineer's chair. By his side was Eddie, smiling from ear to ear.

I guess Eddie dabbles in beat-making, and had some tracks used by Bill on his latest solo effort.

I had to say it when I realized who it was: "Oh my God, my mind's playin' tricks on me!"

Yeah, I said it.

Bill was cool. I greeted him, and he was very kind, very chill. He told me that Geto Boys had a new album coming out soon. I was jazzed.

What was weird was: earlier that morning, I had been working long and hard on the animation. There's a character named Bumblejuice who is a parody of the Howard Stern Show mainstay Beetlejuice. Like his inspiration, Bumblejuice is African-American, very short, and carries a big attitude.

So seeing Bushwick Bill in the flesh was a trip, to say the least. It was as if this character that I had drawn had somehow come to life.

Lots of weird things happened when I was working that schedule. A mindfuck is what it is.

Man, am I ever glad to be done with working that shift...


*/*


And let's talk about the word 'mindfuck' for a second...

It's such a negative term: mindfuck. No one ever refers to a mindfuck ina good way. "Oh, man, what a mindfuck... my medulla oblongata sure is sore!"

Rather, people prefer to say that something blew their mind, or that they had their mind blown.

But if you ask me, it's the same thing, right?

I mean, "making love" and "fucking" are the same thing... it's all in the tone of the expression.

But "blowing someone's mind" is positive, and "mindfucking" is negative... why is that?

Is there a method to manipulating someone's mind in a way that they find pleasurable? Sure-- that's what flirting is, after all.

I think tomorrow I will preface my post with a warning, that if anyone reads any further they are automatically consenting to have their mind fucked by me.

I mean, I don't want charges pressed against me for mindrape, so I have to cover my ass...

Right?




No comments: