Tuesday, November 30, 2004

I DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS

We drove out of the desert
She complained that her chest hurt
I was draped in my dress shirt with time invested
sublime and blessed
Testy and tense
I had no last defense for my guard being so vast and immense
everything between she and me is past tense
In that sense, we have moved on
but here we are together attempting to improve upon
the mini-legacy we left
I light a cigarette and render myself out of breath
That's how life is out West
where the grudges outlast the outfits
where palpitation exists within the bliss of a misfit
We spanned districts in our machine
a forboding of evil mixed with a dream scene
that the two of us concocted
We talked it up and we bought it
because we got it bad
because we thought it up and brought it up every chance we had

Every mental dance we tried was a fad
a temporary respite from fear in spite of our cheers
to the contrary
Our energies are more than complimentary
--they are almost necessary...

No comments: