Wednesday, April 06, 2005

REVENGE OF RANDOM THOUGHT SWIRL

Listening to the radio show after Howard Stern, hosted by "The Triplets" (aka Frosty, Heidi and Frank), the topic of discussion was women who berate their men in public.

I listened in, because I am curious as to why men put up with that crap. Just as I would tell a woman who lets her man berate her in public to stand up to the clod, likewise I suggest that men tell their women to lay off when they start treating them like imbecilic little kids around other people.

This reminded me of a story that I was told about seven years ago, shortly after I was free from the shackles of high school and wandering aimlessly, dropping out of community college and not wanting to work.

A great female friend of mine who was working at the Nordstrom's in Northridge called me one day and asked me if I was still seeing Eve. This friend, who I shall dub "Rose", had been my pal ever since the first week of high school. She was also the one who convinced me to go to Prom, even though I had no money, no date, and no intention of going.

I ended up selling the body of a 1967 Volkswagen Karmen Ghia for $200 in order to get money for the Prom tickets... and I asked Eve to go with me. So Rose knew who Eve was but didn't know that she and I had parted ways.

"The reason why I asked," Rose said to me over the phone, "was because I was at work the other day, and I heard this woman bitching at someone. I thought it was a mother scolding her kid. I turned around and saw Eve, with some sad-faced guy, and she was ordering him around like she was his mother!"

"Really?" I replied.

Rose started to laugh as she recounted the tale. "It was so funny. She was all like, 'get over here right now, godammit' and the guy was just, like, comatose... And she didn't recognize me at all. When she came up to the counter to pay, I was tempted to ask her if she knew you, but she was being such a cunt that I..."

"Oh, man, you should've asked her!" I said. "I would've sacrificed my left nut to see that one!"

That image, among many others, stuck in my mind for a long time, and helped me to get over Eve as much as I could. Then, with recent developments, I forgot about them. But the radio show today reminded me of the nature of Eve and Dick's relationship: mainly, she bossed him around, and he ate it up because she was two years older than him and had never had a girlfriend as fine as Eve, ever.

So it's telling that he ended up cheating on her, then got into a massive fistfight with her, only to regret it all and stalk her afterwards. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if she went back to him. You see, they had a two-way abusive relationship, and as far as I knew Eve was far more abusive to Dick than the other way around.

That's why, when Eve told me the story about their breakup, as angry as I was, I knew there was more to it than what she told me. Yes, it was brutal what Dick did to her, but it also sounds to me like he'd had enough of her bossing him around.

And I think that's what it all boils down to, with girls like Eve, whom I seem to attract like flies on shit. As cool and mellow and laid-back as I am, I will not let a woman treat me like a little kid. I don't dig being bossed around, and it has nothing to do with being macho-- it has to do with being an Aquarius.

Whether it is Eve or Jeanie or Amy Coates, I've had my share of controlling women. I've also had my share of passive women, and my share of even-tempered women, and all I can say is: I need to stop fucking with the controllers... they're the ones that make me upset the most.

Eve can't boss me around, but she knows I care about her, so she is punishing me, and like a fool I sit here and mope over it. But I am stubborn, so I will never let her know what she is doing to me. I have my pride, so even as I miss her and wish she were here with me, I also know that there are plenty of women out there who aren't trying to boss me around.

I need to find them, flirt with them, and spend my time with them, to get my mind off of someone like Eve, who enjoyed having her ass kissed non-stop for almost a decade. I can understand how hard it must be to go back to being just a regular girl like anyone else, even if she is beautiful. In fact, the beauty thing is a curse-- when time and age catch up with her, what's she going to do then?

I am in a much better mood this morning.


*/*


I tried to paint last night, but I need more time and preparation. I have been told that, despite having no experience or background in painting, I am able to contribute to the UCLA Feminist Majority project after all... thanks to Jana, my former insurance agent and one-time fling.

Jana was a nice girl but she came on way too strong and it scared me a bit. It didn't help matters that she and I spent our first weekend together on mushrooms. When I came down from the trip, I had a different view of her, and I avoided her afterwards. I feel bad about it now, because it's not like me to let the effects of a trip dictate who I am attracted to or not, but evidently that's what happened with me. Time has passed and worn off the effects of that particular trip, so I figure it would be cool to call her up again and see what's going on... not romantically, just as friends.

And hey, she is still cool with me, if she is getting me in on projects such as the Juarez auction, where my painting will be auctioned off to raise money for a rape crisis center in Juarez, Mexico, the site of over 400 murdered women, all under mysterious circumstances. I didn't think I could contribute because there were lots of qualifications to be met, but Jana pulled some strings and got me in.

Now all I have to do is paint a picture that someone would want to bid money on... no pressure there at all... naw, none at all...

No comments: