Friday, April 29, 2005

DECOMPRESSING

I finished my piece. That doesn't mean that it's done, though. I need to submit a picture of the piece by the 29th, and this is it. Hopefully the columns of my blog will be big enough to house the photo properly.



Right now, the working title is La Lluvia del Juarez-- "the rain of Juarez". Hey, it's my first painting and the subject matter is very serious, so much so that I might make the next thing I do something with some humor.

I won't add too much to it. I don't want to radically alter it anyway, since I'm sending a pic ahead. I'd say it's 90% done-- there's some details I'm going to change here and there.

Check out www.400portraits.com/art to see some of the works that will be at the UCLA Feminist Majority's auction on May 15th, 2005.

I feel like I'm coming out of a funk, shaking off the remnants of an active depression. There wasn't anything in particular that I was depressed about, but I did feel tightly wound a few times.

I like painting. As I learn more and get more comfortable with it, I think it may help me in unexpected ways.

This is my last night of doing the night shift-- next week I'm alive again, and not dead to the world, delirious.

I gave my cat some catnip today. He fucking lost his mind, rolling around like a crack fiend.

I have work to do but I don't want to do it. I'd better get to it.

If I don't blog again today, have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: